With All My Soul - Rachel Vincent Oh, for gods’ freaking sake. WHY DID IT HAVE. TO. END?! Well, yeah, we all have to say goodbyes to our beloved stories, eventually. Doesn’t mean I’d take it as easily as a walk through the park though. It’s hard letting go of something that has left a big impression in your heart. Soul Screamers definitely did in mine. I started reading this series way before I was introduced to the blogging world so I was a little fuzzy on details that I decided to re-read it right from the start before I have to face the inevitable ending. It’s as much of a preparation I can get as well as buying more time before I have to read With All My Soul. And the time I spent reliving it all was worth it. I still remember what it felt like the very first time I read this series. How amazed I was with its originality, the characters and the first sentence that immediately made me like Kaylee:

“So…do I get a chance to earn your trust?”
My pulse jumped. Was he serious?
I should’ve said no. I should have thanked him for helping me at Taboo, then left with him staring after me from his front yard. But I wasn’t strong enough to resist those dimples. Even knowing how many other girls had probably failed that same task. I blame my weakness on the recent panic attack.
“How?” I asked finally, then flushed when he grinned. He’d known I’d give in.
“Come over tomorrow night?”
To his house? No way. I was weak-willed, not stupid.

And every time anticipating what these teenagers have planned to solve the problems they’ve faced even if I’ve certainly known it before. Through it all, I’ve met awesome characters of different traits and species; I’ve also grieved the loss of several of them along the way and every time, I find it hard not to be affected emotionally. I’m so attached to everything in these books that it made it much harder to let go.

With All My Soul ended perfectly. It was brilliant and the plot was flawless, everything was in its place and despite the fact that it is the last book, there is still a lot to look forward to. I couldn’t have asked for a better one. It’s a happy ending but the loss and heartbreak and the sacrifices everyone has gone through in order to achieve that well placed story was enough to pull you up to your most intense emotions before it leaves you breathless with the unforgettable experience. Rachel Vincent is a genius for making such a dark, twisted albeit wonderful world of humans and bean sidhes, maras, reapers, necromancers, incubi, syphons, hypnos and hellions. So, yes. The printed words might have ended but it will forever live in my heart and mind. That much I’m sure.