Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout I've heard of this book way before but after reading the synopsis I was like, huh, aliens. Interesting. Not really into them, though. How often do I come across a book about aliens? Right, never. So I decided to wait until later to read it. And by LATER, I meant 8 months which is waaaay long. It wasn’t until a few weeks back, when I started blogging that I paid attention to this book again. And I’ve been hearing A LOT, which made me really curious as to what I’m missing. I don’t even want to think about how much. I can’t believe I waited that long before I finally became another victim of this book obsession. I expected creepy and dark and whatever thoughts you can associate with aliens. And then the usual: new girl, doesn’t fit in, noticed by the hot guy and BAM!, insta-love. Well, this book turned out to be none of these.

Obsidian is not what I expected AT ALL. It was more and I loved every minute I spent with it! I was captured right from the very start and by then I knew I was a goner. The plot is well thought and I liked J.L. Armentrout’s writing.

This book.. it’s.. it’s.. amazing and brilliant and hilarious and Daemon is a freaking-gorgeous-alien-jerk and HE’S.DRIVING.ME.CRAZY. He is, hands down, the hottest creature to ever roam the Earth! He can be a jerk, well, always but it’s only because he is very protective of his sister and after what happened to his twin brother Dawson, he has to be extra cautious, thus, the attitude. And then there’s our fellow blogger Katy (how cool is that?) whom I knew I'd love immediately after reading the first paragraph. I admire her bravery and how she always think things through. I also love how Katy handles Daemon and his horrible attitude with witty comebacks resulting to their countless banter. I haven't even finished the first chapter yet but it seems like I won’t. What with me repeating numerous passages that made me laugh so hard. And Dee! I really love her! At first, I expected Dee to be the opposing twin, the annoying and bratty sister who will never allow his brother, Daemon, and Katy together. But no, she is the perfect friend for Katy and she’s really supportive with whatever’s going on between the two even though it’s not a very smart move because you know, they’re aliens and they have an existence to protect and rules to follow.

On another positive note, one thing I was really glad about reading this book just now is the fact that the sequel is mere days away from being published. This means I won’t have to suffer that long waiting in vain because I can’t get enough of it. Of THEM!

Books like this... I swear. It’s the one you don’t want to read in a library or alone somewhere public where you don’t have a friend to cover you unless you want to look like a complete lunatic laughing all by yourself or grinning like an idiot or melting and swooning!

Originally posted at: http://haraiah.blogspot.com