Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1) - Leah Spiegel,  Megan Summers When I read the blurb of this book, I was immediately interested to read it. I mean, girls who go solve cases and investigate, cool, right?It's not much what I thought it would be though.

The book is not that long but it took me an awfully long time to finish. When I started reading it, I actually found it entertaining enough to go on. Alley, the girl who goes to Upper East High hangs
out with the popular people but doesn't really belong since she's not that rich and prefers to wear simple clothes rather than the designer ones her cliques are surrounded with. And then there's her best friend Val, clumsy, rich, funny, determined and is a very good friend, who trips whenever, wherever. When Kirsten, the super rich and gets-anything-she-wants girl in their group goes missing days before her birthday party, Alley suspects Shane, a newcomer from a rival school whom she immediately dislikes.

As the story progresses, I can't help but feel myself oddly detached from the book. It was nice, simple and entertaining. All in all, I enjoyed it and I think this can be a good book to others, too. Sadly, it just didn't got me the way I would have loved it to. There are times when I am actually amused or creeped out by the story but it just won't do. I'm willing to give it another chance, though, so I just might read the other books in the series. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to read this.